Friday, April 24, 2015

USB drivers for using ADB with Samsung Galaxy S on CyanogenMod 7.1?


I recently installed CyanogenMod 7.1 on my Samsung Galaxy S i9000 and I have some problems now to get ADB on my Windows 7 64-bit computer to recognize the device.


Currently, adb devices returns no entry for my phone and the Device Manager shows a device called "Galaxy S" but with a yellow exclamation mark because a driver is missing.


I've tried to install Samsung Kies as well as the Google USB driver for Windows Revision 4 and point the device manager at the directories with those drivers. It doesn't find anything it can use there.


Which drivers do I actually need for the phone now that it is running CyanogenMod 7.1? And where do I get those and how can I install them?




Answer



Use the drivers that come with the android SDK. The samsung drivers do not work once CyanogenMod is installed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...