Thursday, January 8, 2015

fastboot - flashing twrp on lg g4 no error, but no twrp


I'm trying to flash twrp to my lg g4. I've reached the part where I run



fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

And everything seems to work fine, but when I try to enter recovery mode, I get the default lg recovery (restore factory mode options) and not twrp.
Here's what it prints out when I run the flash command:


target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (32060 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.827s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.341s]
finished. total time: 1.168s


What am I doing wrong?
I tried doing it from a different computer and tried flashing older version of twrp.



Answer



I solved the issue..
Apparently, when you enter recovery mode, the phone asks you whether you'd like to do a factory reset, and you choose yes it boots into TWRP :)
Hope it helps someone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...