Friday, January 16, 2015

reboot - Cannot boot Android-x86 on PC - Emergency remount


I have a 10.1 inch notebook with Linux, but would like to dualboot with Android x86. The ISO file works perfectly in VirtualBox, VMware, and on Live USB. I have tried both install from the Install program and copying the .img files onto a partition, then adding the boot entry to /etc/grub.d/40_custom. I get the following displayed on my screen when I select the boot entry.


Detecting Android-x86... found at /dev/sda2
[ 3.697517] sysrq: SysRq: Emergency remount R/0

Then it reboots to the GRUB menu.


How do I fix this, and boot Android-x86?


I have an HP-e010nr with an AMD A4 dual core@1.0Ghz, 2GB ram, and I am trying to start Android-x86_64 7.1 on a 32GB partition (no fake sdcard).


I have stored everything in the parition in an "Android" directory.


My boot code is:



set root = (hd0,2) #/dev/sda2 in the partition where Android-x86 is located
kernel /Android/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive buildvariant=userdebug SRC=/Android/
initrd /Android/initrd.img

Answer



(I ended up installing LineageOS x86 14.1 instead of Android x86, however, these instructions should still work for Android x86)


After trying to find my answer, I ended up removing my partition for Android-x86 and installing the LineageOS 14.1 .rpm. On Debian Linux (or Debian-based, like Ubuntu) install it with:


sudo alien -ci cm-x86_14.1.rpm

where cm-x86_14.1.rpm is your Android x86 package. If you are told alien is not installed, type sudo apt install alien before repeating.


After a while, it will convert into a .deb and then install. However, you will get the following messages:



/boot/grub/custom.cfg: No such file or directory
/boot/grub/custom.cfg: No such file or directory

In order to add the boot code that failed to be added, put the following in /etc/grub.d/40_custom:


menuentry "Android-x86 14.1-r2" {
search --set=root --file /cm-x86-14.1-r2/kernel
linux /cm-x86-14.1-r2/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive buildvariant=userdebug
initrd /cm-x86-14.1-r2/initrd.img
}
menuentry "Android-x86 14.1-r2 (DEBUG mode)" {

search --set=root --file /cm-x86-14.1-r2/kernel
linux /cm-x86-14.1-r2/kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive buildvariant=userdebug DEBUG=2
initrd /cm-x86-14.1-r2/initrd.img
}

(I got the boot code from the cm-x86 postinit script)


Replace cm-x86-14.1-r2 with the location of Android-x86 (for example: android-x86-7.1-r1), and replace the 14.1 in Android-x86 14.1-r2 with your Android version number (like 7.1 or 8.1).


Then, reboot and select Android-x86 14.1-r2 to boot Android.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...