Tuesday, January 13, 2015

applications - System App Permissions


I have an application that needs root permissions to run. No biggie, all of my personal devices are rooted, so I am very comfortable with the process. The problem is that this application is to be used on company owned devices issued to certain employees and I don't want them to be able to uninstall the application nor do I want them having root access to the device.


I was thinking that the following process would accomplish my goals:



  1. Root the device

  2. Install my app as a system app

  3. Launch the application and grant su rights to it

  4. Unroot the device



Since it would be a system app, and the device wouldn't be rooted, users would be prevented from removing the app. What I am unsure of is whether or not that application would retain its root privileges once the device is unrooted?


Any feedback or insight would be greatly appreciated!




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...