Wednesday, January 14, 2015

settings - How to setup K9 Mail properly for free email services offering multiple aliases for same email box?


Tried Googling for a lot of results but did not find any that can show how to setup email accounts that offer using multiple email aliases to users on same email. I am talking mainly about Outlook.com and ability to send from my email account there using different aliases like joedoe@outlook.com or superjoe@outlook.com while all arriving email will arrive to main email box. I also wonder if certain filters can be set up that would establish folders for respective email aliases to keep myself organized)


I tried playing with settings, different combinations but nothing worked and brought me errors.




  • I tried settings like using @outlook.com instead of @hotmail.com or my email address but without @outlook.com or @hotmail.com for my username.




  • Tried m.outlook.com and snt-m.outlook.com and same with hotmail.com





  • Tried enabling SSL/TLS security with default port 443 and no security




Can anyone suggest me appropriate course of action to setup K9 Mail at least for Outlook.com to be able to use email alias I have there? I think it involves setting up exchange type of account.


Thanks.


Android 4.3


K9 Mail latest version




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...