Monday, January 5, 2015

2.3 gingerbread - How do I prevent "No Internet calling account" error?


I'm running 2.3-Gingerbread. Calling was working fine over the telephone network. I set up the internet calling feature by adding an account to test the featuire out. Then I removed the account. Every time I dial a number I get this error:


No Internet calling account
There are no Internet calling accounts on this phone. Add one now?

If I click cancel, it doesn't dial using the telephone network it just returns to the home screen.


I've cleared the defaults for the Dialer application but still the problem persists.



Does anyone know how I can prevent this error?



Answer



Do you have an app called "Voice Changer" installed? I've read that it can cause this. Also if you have google voice installed, do you have it set to "Never Dial with Google Voice"?


If those are not the cause, do you have any other "Phone Linking" apps or "Sip Dialers" etc, remove them and see if your issue stops.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...