Thursday, January 1, 2015

4.2 jelly bean - Remove persistent notification of an app without disabling all of its notifications


The latest Pushbullet update (v17.0.4) for Android has added a persistent notification to my notification drawer. The app indicates that I can remove the notification by enabling Pushbullet in the notification access settings. However, I can't seem to find these settings in my Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.2.2 with Samsung's ROM.


Are there notification access settings in Android 4.2.2? If so, where did Samsung bury them in the settings?


If there are no such settings in Android 4.2.2, is there a way to remove persistent notifications without affecting Pushbullet's functionality (such as through an Xposed module)?


EDIT: To clarify, I don't want to disable all notifications for this app, it would defeat the purpose of the app. I want to disable the persistent notification that now shows up. It is supposedly necessary in order to allow certain features, now that the accessibility service has been removed.



Answer



If your device is rooted you can install Xposed and install Notify Clean which allows to disable a specific notification which matches some text filter.


Notifications Off can only turn off notifications for whole app so it cannot help in this case.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...