Friday, January 30, 2015

security - Does Google Audit all apps that enter the market place?




Possible Duplicate:
Are the apps safe? How can I make my Android more secure?



There are several 'requires root' apps in the market and one of the most famous ones have more than 5 Million downloads as of date. We all know that an app that uses root privileges has the ability to do anything that it wants to. Google Play is supposed to be a trusted source. Does this mean that these Apps are audited before it is put on the Play store ? Or, is it possible that some of these rooted apps does something malicious in the background ? I've never uploaded an app to the play store and hence I do not know the process.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...