Thursday, January 15, 2015

Why WhatsApp is suddenly unable to open any APK shared by users?


As of 13-11-18, I was sharing APK files on WhatsApp, for testing apps within a circle of people, with no problem whatsoever. But as of today, if I try to open an apk, I get an error toast saying:



You may not have the proper app to view this content.



Did they change their policies and decided not to let people share APK files on their platform?


I don't use third party websites for sharing APKs, where mostly Chrome spooks most people saying that "This type of file may harm your device".





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...