Monday, January 5, 2015

Is there no option to turn off cell broadcasting messages in HTC Desire 500?


I got the recently launched HTC Desire 500 (Android 4.1.2, Sense 5).



Since then I am continuously getting cell broadcasting messages (4 every 2 minutes). And shockingly, there is no option to turn off the cell broadcast neither in message settings nor in Call settings.


When I compared my HTC Desire X with Desire 500, I saw the option is there in Desire X but not in Desire 500. The call center people are helpless. The Customer care center people are saying its a defect in the phone's software, so we cant repair it.


So by the time the software update comes, does anyone here has any solution. It is really irritating and its sad that HTC doesn't have the solution to such a trivial issue which is actually a headache.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...