Sunday, May 13, 2018

4.1 jelly bean - Disable open Google Search by sliding up from the home button "feature"?



Galaxy Nexus running Android version 4.1.1.


After a recent update, it seems google has added a feature where you can place your finger on the bottom home buttons, and slide up, to open google search. This feature is extremely useful when I want to interrupt my game play to open a google search while running the streets of liberty city. I am wondering if anyone knows how to disable this wonderful feature.


Thanks.



Answer



A simpler solution that doesn't require root access is to go into Settings then Apps. From there, disable Google Search. This will also disable the homescreen searchbar and Google Now features.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...