Wednesday, May 9, 2018

backup - How can I keep settings after flashing a ROM?


I am considering flashing my SGS to a custom ROM. I do not, however, relish the prospect of re-configuring everything. Most apps on my phone and most definitions should have no dependencies on the ROM, so I would like to be able to back up all the settings, flash the ROM and then restore them. This would include:



  • all installed apps


  • all app settings (launcher preferences, active widgets etc.)

  • ringtones, backgrounds etc.


Is there any way to do this?



Answer



Titanium Backup from the Android Market!


From the Technical FAQ:




  1. Can it back up and restore applications across different ROMs or even different phones ?




    • YES, without restrictions.




Although you also have:


Can it back up SMS, MMS and system settings ?



  • Please note that if you backup and restore all system settings across very different ROMs, you are on your own. Before restoring on a different ROM, it is strongly recommended to enable the "Data migration" option in the Titanium Backup settings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...