Monday, May 28, 2018

applications - Why does every app has/needs the permission "Send MMS" and "Send Email"?


So, I recently bought Elephone P8000 which has Android 5.1 installed. One of the first things I noticed was the new "App Permissions". After installing a few of my standard apps, I was curious and checked the app permissions, and I was quite surprised when I saw that every app had the permissions "Send MMS" and "Send Email".


I could understand that if it were only WhatsApp, obviously, a chat app might need this permission. But even my GBA Emulator or the Fallout Pip-Boy app had this permission even though they don't have any kind of communication functionality.


So what is the point of these 2 permissions? Why does every app need those?


App Permission Screenshot




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...