Thursday, May 31, 2018

custom roms - How to AutoRotate in LineageOS With ADB?


I am using LOS 14.1 unofficial (by dl12345 user from XDA) in my N910C. AutoRotate doesn't work and i found a solution which is working partly. What does mean partly?


I added these to my build.prob with adb.


log.tag.launcher_force_rotate=VERBOSE

lockscreen.rot_override=true

And I've set permission of build.prop like this.


chmod 644 build.prop

Then rebooted to System.


I tested AutoRotate and it is working good even if i am in main (lock) screen. 2-3 days later i realized it is not working anymore mysterious. In the meanwhile i rebooted the device 1-2 times within 2-3 days. I started to look for a new fix and found this command.


ro.sf.hwrotation=360

I deleted first two (2) commands and added this command to the build.prop with adb and set the permission like that.



Rebooted to System and tested. It is working good and today i realized it is not working again. I started to think what is the problem? It is working some and not working anymore.


I need your ideas and experiences.


P.S: I don't want to use an app always for this.


EDIT: I had edited and pushed build.prop 1 hour ago and had tested, it was working.


I can enable user_rotation to 0, 1, 2 and 3. It is working good but as you know rotating in every app even if in Settings or Phone (Calling). But Auto Rotation is not working.


EDIT2: I enabled Auto Rotation with this command, didn't work.


root@kali:~/Downloads/platform-tools# adb shell settings put system accelerometer_rotation 1

I enabled user_rotation with this command, it is working.


root@kali:~/Downloads/platform-tools# adb shell settings put system user_rotation 1


Results of rests:


Disabled Accelerometer, enabled user_rotation=working
Enabled Acceleremoter, configured user_rotation with 0=not working
Enabled Accelerometer, configured user_rotation with 1=not working

As a result when i enabled Auto Rotation, is not working


EDIT3: I installed this app and tested Accelerometer. I can rotate my phone 360 degree without enabling AutoRotate feature. I had thought my phone's accelerometer is broken, but not.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...