Tuesday, May 29, 2018

sync - How can I be informed through my computer if a new SMS is received?


While I'm working with my computer, my mobile lies next to me and every time I receive a new SMS or WhatsApp message, I have to grab the phone, read the message and answer it.


So it would be really nice, if there is an App or another possibility to connect my mobile phone with my computer via Bluetooth, WLAN or USB so that I can read and send SMS messages from my computer desktop.


This would have several advantages:





  • It is easier to copy page content. A lot of time I'd like to send a SMS to someone with content on my computer. So I don't have to type it anymore but just copy & paste it




  • My working process isn't disturbed as much it is if I have to grab my phone




  • It is easier and faster to write with a keyboard than the mobile phone pad




So my questions are:





  • is there any app/program that can do that?




  • if not, would it be at least technically possible or are there any restrictions that prevent such an app?





Answer



If you have Android, try Texdro. I tried a few of the other related apps and this worked the best for me. It allows you to send and receive texts from your computer. It also allows you to silence SMS notifications on your phone while the program is running so you can just be notified on your computer (or you can be notified on both). The free version of the app allows you only to connect via WiFi and the Pro version adds USB and Bluetooth options. I will probably be purchasing the pro version when I get some handy $$, mostly to support the dev, because WiFi connectivity works fine for me.



Texdro - Desktop SMS for Android on AppBrain


Android Market QR Code
QR Code


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...