Saturday, May 26, 2018

Android browser


What browser runs on Android? It is Chrome or a modified version of it? Also, as a side-note, how can I open site shortcuts saved from Internet Explorer on Windows to the SD Card with the browser?



Answer



The default browser is, as far as I can make out, simply called 'Browser', and is based on the WebKit rendering engine. Android 2.2 and above use the V8 javascript engine. The combination of WebKit and V8 make the browser very similar to desktop Chrome.


There's a similar question here: Which is the Android's default browser?.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...