Saturday, December 30, 2017

The power button on my Galaxy Nexus stopped working


I got a galaxy nexus at Google IO, and randomly today the power button stopped working. I was on a call, used it to lock the screen after I got off, put it in my pocket, and when I got home the button wasn't working. The rest of the phone works if I plug it in to charge (waking up the screen), but the button doesn't respond. Short press doesn't lock/wake and long press doesn't bring the power menu up. What happened and how can I fix it?


I've tried pulling the battery and letting it sit for a few minutes without rebooting it, and it didn't help.



Answer



If the phone is working normally except for the power button not responding, you most likely have a hardware issue. That is, the power button is probably physically broken.


In this case, you will need to return the phone to the manufacturer or the point of purchase for a repair or replacement.


Before returning the phone, copy off any personal data you wish to keep, and remove the battery, SD card, SIM card and any external case; do not ship those or any other accessories back along with the phone. You may get a replacement phone, and your data and accessories will not be transferred.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...