Thursday, December 28, 2017

How do I turn off email notifications on my Gmail app on Android?


I'm using an LG Tribute phone which I recently purchased for Virgin Mobile. I have Gmail installed and by default, whenever I get an email, it generates a notification (in my case a buzz since I have my phone on vibrate).


How do I turn off notifications entirely for my Gmail app (don't want any sounds when I receive an email)?



Answer



Also, if you wanted to disable notifications entirely for the Gmail app (or any other app for that matter), you could do this:





  1. Go to Settings → Apps → All Apps tab.




  2. Find the app you want to stop receiving notifications for and tap on its entry.




  3. Find a check-box for "Show Notifications" and uncheck it.





  4. A warning that you might miss important updates will be shown, tap "OK" to continue.




You have now successfully disabled notifications for the app!


(Click image to enlarge)


IMG: App Settings Page Example


Image Credits Google Images


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...