Saturday, December 2, 2017

4.0 ice cream sandwich - Connecting to VPN forces having secure screen lock





Possible Duplicate:
Transformer Prime, VPN and password protection



I noticed that creating a VPN connection in ICS forces me to use a secure screen lock. I want to have Slide method for my screen lock, but it's disabled when I've set up a VPN connection. Is there a way to use a slide lock with a VPN configured?



Phone: Google Nexus S
OS: Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4




Answer



I had the same problem, but I found a solution.



I just chose Pattern, turned off the screen, turned it back on and clicked on Forgot in the lower-right corner. After I gave in my Google password it changed automatically back to slide.


In the settings the option "none" is still grayed-out but it's selected anywhere and it works.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...