Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Is it possible to change password on the phone itself for gmail/market/other google apps?


I think this is a general question that would apply to all Android phones though I have a HTC Desire Z.


I cannot find a section on any of the settings to change the password for the Google account used for gmail, Android Market or any of the other google account dependent services and features on the phone. Surely this is a glaring omission?


I would expect a feature to be present on the phone and for extra security, have it ask me for the existing password in order to allow me to change to a new one.


Obviously I can change the password when logged into Google in a browser on a PC/Mac but this is an unnecessary procedure - surely we are all becoming increasingly mobile-centric, so shouldn't it be possible to change it on the phone?


I have searched here and on Google, the only answers I can find are things like:




  • people who need to enter the new password on the phone after changing it to this new password when on a PC or Mac logged into Google on a browser for example.

  • people who want to change their actual google account, i.e. use a different one


But I can't find anything about a section on the phone itself to change the password for Gmail,Android Market and other google account dependent services and features on the phone!



Answer



Not a perfect solution but you can change your password by opening you Google account/Gmail on your phone browser.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...