Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Factory reset is disabled by kill switch on LG L16C


I cannot do a factory reset on a LGL16c, it comes up with screen to confirm reset and agreeing to wipe data, I say yes to both. Then it comes up with a screen that says




Factory reset is disabled by Kill switch



I reboots and nothing happens. I cannot reset through settings on phone, security, it says factory reset disabled by server policy.


I found out that all new smartphones have this new "Kill switch" installed by all manufacturers because a new law passed prevents a thief from accessing a phone if there is a password on it and trying to factory reset it.


Is there a way to bypass the kill switch if I have the phone and there is no password and I want to wipe data and reset phone?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...