Friday, December 29, 2017

Rooting nexus 4 failed


I was trying to root my nexus 4 by the following steps:




  • Download and copy the file UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.43.zip to /sdcard/

  • Download the file CWM 6.0.3.5

  • Got into Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on Nexus 4

  • Execute the command fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.3.5-mako.img

  • Choose RECOVERY from the Fastboot menu and enter Recovery Mode

  • In ClockworkMod recovery “flash zip from SD card”

  • Then selected “choose zip from sdcard”

  • Now I should see the copied file UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.43.zip but there was none, and I got the output `Can't mount /sdcard/



Then I tried to use Install zip from sideload



  • I sent the file with adb sideload UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.43.zip


  • I get the output:


    Restarting adbd...
    E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_install`
    E:failed to open last_install: Invalid argument
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...

    Installing update...
    ***********
    SuperSU installer ZIP
    ***********
    Mounting /system, /data and rootfs
    Disabling OTA survival
    Removing old files
    Creating space
    Extracting files
    Restoring files

    Setting permissions
    Unmounting /system and /data
    Done


Then I go back and choose reboot system now but when booting only the GOOGLE sign pops up and then the X (I was waiting for about an hour)


SOLVED I did a full reset by downloading the original factory image from google here


And then I followed the steps in this tutorial: here




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...