Sunday, December 31, 2017

How to disable Screen timeout for a particular program only


Is it possible to disable Screen timeout only when a particular program is running?


If so, how do I do that?


My Nexus One has a "Screen timeout" in "Display settings" that lets me choose anywhere between 15 seconds and 30 minutes, but this is across the board. I would like it to disable screen timeout only when one of the programs (that I currently develop) is running. Is this possible?


If this isn't possible, is it possible to disable it for only when a program is waiting for user input (via a dialog box)?


I wouldn't mind so much about the screen timeout itself, but once the screen times out, the device gets locked as well. :(



Answer




You can user Tasker to control the timeout for individual apps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...