Sunday, December 17, 2017

rooting - Kedacom USB Device doesnt work with fastboot Nexus 5x


Trying to flash TWRP and root my Nexus 5X.


I'm running the N 7.1.1 preview.


I've got the adb and fastboot files downloaded and allegedly working


adb devices 


and


adb reboot bootloader

work as they should.


The Android bootloader info shows that I'm in FASTBOOT MODE, SECURE BOOT is enabled, and DEVICE STATE is unlocked.


But


fastboot devices

doesn't list anything at all.


I'm running windows 10, and when viewing Device Manager, it shows my bootloader-ed nexus 5x as a "Kedacom USB Device" and "Android Bootloader Interface" in the sub list.



But, it won't allow me to replace the drivers with the Google USB Driver, it doesn't even recognize the driver files in the extracted google driver files I downloaded from the Android Studio software.


Not sure what the issue is, but I'm thinking it's an issue with the driver on my end, but then why did the adb half of this work by default?



Answer



As for my phone (Xiaomi Mi5) the cause of this problem was driver. I couldn't delete driver and istall another one because Win10 install driver faster. The decision was a changing OS on to Ubuntu or Windows (7, 8.1) than device was not recognized. And install drivers from Android SDK.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...