Saturday, October 15, 2016

wi fi - Why is not all traffic captured from my device when routing through proxy?


I have followed the guide here: Configure Fiddler for Android / Google Nexus 7 in order to redirect outgoing traffic from my Android device to go through Fiddler acting as a proxy on my desktop machine on my local network.


While using the browser on my Android device I can see requests logged in Fiddler for the websites I am visiting, which verifies that I have set up the proxy correctly.


However, when using certain apps I can see no requests being logged, even though information in the app is being actively updated over the network.



I have ensured that mobile data is turned off.


The following question is related: Android apps not working with HTTP proxy but in their case the apps are not able to connect to the internet and are showing errors. In my case the app I am using is able to retrieve information over the network with no problems, but I cannot see the requests being made in Fiddler.


I want to be able to analyze the requests sent between an app on my phone which controls a wireless thermostat connected to my LAN via wifi.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...