Thursday, October 13, 2016

4.0 ice cream sandwich - How to root Alcatel OT-997D?


I currently have an Alcatel OT-997D which has the MTK6577 chipset and runs ICS 4.04. I've looked mostly through threads at xda-devs and I've tried various root methods including: "root many android" - I get "mount access denied", "ICS/JB Universal root" - When trying to update in stock recovery the file fails verification, "MTK Droid root" - Reboots phone and backup/restore prompts appear but no results.


Does anyone know any other "universal" rooting methods or ones specific to my device?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...