Tuesday, October 4, 2016

rooting - How do I root my Azpen A727 tablet?


How do I root my Azpen A727 tablet?



Answer



I learned how to do this from here


I did this from a Linux PC with ADB installed. It may be possible from a Windows PC with ADB installed but I could never get the tablet to connect as an installer over USB on Windows.



Turns out it was dead simple, really, it came rooted. Here’s how I installed Superuser on it so I can use apps that use root.





  1. Download superuser.zip




  2. Unzip superuser.zip




  3. adb root (to run adb as root user on the tablet)





  4. adb remount




  5. adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/




  6. adb push armeabi/su /system/xbin/su




  7. adb shell chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su





  8. adb shell ln -s /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su




  9. wget https://github.com/koush/Superuser/raw/master/init.superuser.rc




  10. adb push init.superuser.rc /






No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...