Sunday, October 9, 2016

internal storage - Can't delete file in download folder


A few days ago, I downloaded a file of 1.9gb to my phone using the utorrent app. Utorrent downloaded the file automatically to my internal storage, and since I only had 2 gigs of free space, the download did stop after a while. when I saw it I deleted some files, and the download went on. When the download was finished, I decided to take a look in my folder but the folder which did have the name of the file that I downloaded was empty. So I checked my internal storage, but it was almost full, so the file must be somewhere on my device.



Furthermore can't I delete that empty folder. By the way: my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) is not rooted.


How can I find that file, and how can I delete that folder?



Answer



Thanks everyone especially you geffcheng! I finally found a way to delete the file. I thought that it might work if I downloaded the same file on my pc, and then transfered it to the same folder(downloads) on the internal storage on my phone. I thought that my pc would ask if I wanted to overwrite the existing folder, but my pc didn't and I had 2 exactly the same folders in my download folder. Then I turned on the SDmaid app on my phone(while it was still plugged in my pc), and I deleated the whole download folder. It actually worked!!


So thanks again to everyone who helped!


P.S. I'm sorry if you could't understand everything. I'm Dutch;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...