Thursday, October 20, 2016

"MTP USB Device" driver error (screenshot) when connecting my Galaxy S to my PC in Kies mode -- How can I resolve this problem?


alt text


I always got this error when trying to connect my Galaxy S to my PC in Kies mode. I can connect it as "Mass storage" with no problem. But I need to connect with Kies mode to get 2.2 (froyo), but I always get this error. What is this error and how can I correct it?


I have Windows 7, Galaxy S 2.1, and kies already uploaded to the latest version. If this is of help, the PC tries to install "MTP USB Device" for a while (around 3-5 minutes) and during this time the phone shows a display that says "Initialising blah blah, press home to exit".


How to fix this? Or if this is possible, is there another way to upgrade to 2.2?



Answer





  1. Go to Samsung Kies software, on top left of the window, click the menu > Driver recovery.

  2. Let it reinstall drivers

  3. After driver installation finished, go to your phone, Settings> Application > Development, tick USB debugging mode.

  4. Under USB debugging mode connect your phone to the PC with USB.

  5. It installs correctly!

  6. Disconnect from PC

  7. Untick USB debugging mode

  8. Connect again


and it works!



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...