Tuesday, October 4, 2016

samsung galaxy s 3 - Google Services is killing my battery by keeping phone awake


In the last few days my Galaxy S3 has gone from lasting 12-13 hours to about 6 hours. On checking the battery monitor it seems to suggest that the phone is constantly staying awake and that Google Services are to blame.



I was recently experiencing real problems with Google Chrome freezing the phone so I have uninstalled and gone back to the native browser but the battery issue persists...


Battery Image 1 Battery Image 2 Battery Image 3


Has anyone experienced anything similar....is a factory reset the only solution? (Android version 4.1.1)



Answer



After trawling through all manner of options I isolated the root cause of this issue.


Within Google Account Sync I had a look at all available settings and the one that seemed to be causing an issue was 'Sync Internet' option which was just constantly running (and appearing to be keeping the phone awake.


Switching this off has got back my battery back to normal.


I still have no idea why my phone was trying to sync the entire internet :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...