Sunday, October 9, 2016

How can Google Maps accurately locate my phone when GPS is disabled?




Possible Duplicate:
How does Google Maps estimate my location without GPS?



I was wondering how Google Maps on my Android phone can locate me with a good accuracy when my GPS is disabled.


At first I though it was with the cell tower but I'm not sure it can achieve this precision and it is way better when the wireless is enabled.


Experiment that i did.



  1. If GPS is OFF and Wifi is ON = Perfect location


  2. If Wifi is ON GPS OFF = Still Perfect location

  3. If Wifi is OFF and GPS is ON = location is not precise.


Tested this with 5 -6 Phones


Any Idea why ?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...