Tuesday, October 25, 2016

instant messaging - Still visible after I deleted my WhatsApp account



I've deleted my WhatsApp account according to the official instructions.


Unfortunately I'm still visible to my friends and they can still send me messages. But with a deleted account that shouldn't be the case — at least in my opinion.


I've already contacted WhatsApp's support but to no avail. Until now I haven't gotten a response.


Do you know what I could do about this issue? Have you already experienced such a problem yourself?



Answer



PS: I've just talked to some of my friends and on their phone I disappeared from their Favourites list automatically without manually refreshing.




I've just received the following answer from WhatsApp's support team:



Hi there,



Thanks for confirming your account to be deleted within the WhatsApp settings. Your phone number has been deactivated and it is scheduled to be deleted within 30 days. Therefore, please have your contacts refresh their Favorites List so that you no longer appear as a WhatsApp user.


If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!



Sad that my friends have to refresh their Favourites list manually for me to be deleted. Especially when exactly this is described by WhatsApp's FAQ to be done seemingly automatically when you delete your account:



Deleting your account will do the following:
[…]
Delete you from your friends' WhatsApp Favorites lists.
[…]




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...