Friday, October 21, 2016

vnc - Remote login into the phone from a PC



Possible Duplicate:
Any VNC solutions for an unrooted device?



Is it possible to remotely control an Android phone from a PC. Is there a program similar to VNC server that runs on the phone, with the client displaying phone's UI on the PC?


When I'm at my desk, it would be much easier to manage the phone (read/type SMS, install apps etc.) from the PC instead of poking the tiny touchscreen.


Searching brings many solutions in the other direction (VNC server on PC, VNC client on phone).



Answer



Yes, but your phone needs to be rooted: Droid VNC



With an unrooted phone and other apps you can do certain things like access the SD card, send SMS messages and manage apps, but to gain total control of the device it needs to be rooted.


See my related inquiries here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...