Sunday, October 9, 2016

4.2 jelly bean - How to restore ColorNote notes after factory reset?


I forgot to backup my notes before factory reset and now apparently I have lost them all. Before doing factory reset though, Back up my data option in Settings >> Backup & Restore was checked but right after it there was no sign of restoring data and such. I am not however sure if this has backed up any of my ColorNote app data.


There is a backup folder at this address /storage/emulated/0/backup which contains backup files for some applications including one file named com.socialnmobile.dictapps.notepad.color.note which should be related to ColorNote app. When I double click on this file, and install it, no note gets restored. I also did not have anything synced with my Google account before doing factory reset.


I know I have probably lost my notes, but still am desperately searching for some way to restore them! Those notes where stored on Androids file system, so my only hope for now is maybe I could use some file recovery application to recover those deleted files. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!


(Galaxy Nexus, Android version: 4.2.1, not rooted)




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...