Wednesday, October 12, 2016

How can I use Google Play without storing any Google account information on my phone?


I am using HTC Wildfire handset, but I think following question applies to all Android-based handsets.



My Google Account has been added under


Settings
-> Accounts & Sync
--> Google (under Manage Accounts)

When I click on "Google", I get following options


Sync Contacts
Sync GMail
Sync Calendar


In Accounts & Sync option, I have turned off (unchecked following options)


Background Data
Auto sync

NOTE: I have turned off Background Data, and Auto Sync before adding my Google Account.


I want to get apps and games from Market, but I don't want to sync any of my Google Account data with my phone i.e., there should not be any traces of my Google Account in my phone.


How can I do it?



Answer



Beyond what you've already done, you can't. The Market requires you to have your Google Account added to your phone, and this naturally stores data such as your email address even if you don't sync email.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...