Saturday, June 6, 2015

samsung galaxy s 3 - How can I tell if I have a stock recovery?


I need to get rid of the yellow triangle in download mode on a Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.3), for this I tried to use Triangle Away. It failed to reset the counter.


The app mentions that on some devices, both the ROM and the recovery must be stock. The ROM is but I do not know about the recovery. How can I check if it is stock?



The one I have currently looks like this:


recovery screenshot


Click image for larger version



Answer



Based on the screenshot, you have the stock recovery.


The stock recovery normally shows "Android System Recovery <3e>" whereas custom recoveries tend to have their name instead. There are two popular custom recoveries both of which look quite different to the one in your screenshot


ClockworkMod:


clockworkmod recovery


TWRP:


TWRP Recovery



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...