Friday, June 5, 2015

installation - insufficient storage error while updating installed apps




Possible Duplicate:
What can I do to manage my phone’s internal storage?



I recently purchased a new Android mobile (Samsung Galaxy Y duos), running on Android 2.3.6. It have 8 GB microSD as external memory.


I installed quite a few application and unfortunately now I'm facing memory issue. While updating Facebook app (around 13 MB) or installing any other app with 10mb+ memory requirement, I got error message Insufficient storage.


I checked available storage, which is as follow:


SD card

Total space: 7.39 GB
Available space: 6.90 GB

System storage
Available space: 22.47 MB

There is lot of space on SD Card but yes system space is low. What is the efficient tricks/best practices to make sure system utilize more SD Card storage and less system storage so that I can install few more apps.


Is there any way to shift few installed apps from system storage to SD Card storage, un-installing and installing is also acceptable for few apps.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...