Wednesday, June 17, 2015

sms - Migrating SMSes from Windows Mobile to Android phone


I want to migrate all my SMSs from WinMo to Android.


I currently use PIM Backup to make a backup in case WinMo gets hard resetted, and it works fine. I have complete history of received and sent messages. I tried SMS Exporter but it looked like the XML file doesn't contain sent SMS (bad!!)


I tried Sprite Backup: it generates a good EXE file with possibly all the messages it in, but I couldn't restore it by copying the generated files into Android SD card and opening Sprite Backup for Android, since it listed no backup file available in SD.


I also read about Sprite Migrate from a 2010 blog post, but I see no more traces of it.


What can I do to migrate SMSs? Contacts are no problem: I'll use LocalSync for Windows



Answer



I guess this article was made for you: Import/Export/Move SMS Messages from Windows Mobile to Android. It mentions several tools to export your SMS from WinMo to an XML file, which then can be imported on your Android device without involving 3rd party tools. It also links to more useful articles on this topic.


EDIT:


As the OP commented, he was successfully using the Piemaster.NET guide mentioned on the page I originally linked. As suggested, I add it here in case the originally linked page is unreachable some day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...