Saturday, June 13, 2015

How do I detect if I have a Super AMOLED or LCD Screen on my Nexus S?


Many sources are citing that the Nexus S is shipping with 2 different types of screen due to Super AMOLED shortages. As I am in the UK it is likely I will have the Super LCD, which I read somewhere is inferior compared to the Super AMOLED.


How can I tell which one I have? What are the main differences?


Update: Found the answer here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1022216


Looking in 'Baseband version' under 'About Phone' reveals that a baseband beginning wth I9020 is the Super AMOLED or I9023 for Super LCD.



Answer




Look at something black (e.g. an image of only black) on your phone, and shut off the lights. If you've got an AMOLED screen, it should be pure black (virtually no light emanating). With an LCD it will be significantly brighter/greyish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...