Sunday, June 21, 2015

gps - How do I set Google Latitude to auto-update with location regularly?


When I use Google Maps it sets my Google Latitude location, but once I turn Maps off it stops. I'd like it to update with my location on a regular basis. I don't want to drain the battery by always using the GPS, but it'd be nice if it updated, say, every half hour or so.



Answer



I found this from the Google Mobile Help forum after a little searching. It's from 8/15/09 so I actually see something a little different on my phone Settings > Location > Google Location Services. I haven't tested it but hope it helps.


Quoting the site:



Hi everyone, Apologies for not updating this thread specifically sooner. There is a new version available in Android Market (version 3.1.2). Just search for "Google Maps" if you have at least the 1.5 system update (Cupcake) and install this over your current version of Maps.


Please let me know if you experience background location updating issues with this version. As long as you have enabled automatic location detection in the Latitude privacy menu and have enabled location detection (Settings > Security & location > Use wireless networks), Latitude should update your location while your phone is on. This means your location should never appear older than ~1 hour to any of your friends.



Thank you all for your patience! Chris



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...