Sunday, June 14, 2015

security - Deny the installation of apps or add new accounts (kiosk mode)


I have a tablet that I want to give to people to go on the internet, but I don't want them to mess with it (install/unistall apps, add new accounts, change relevant options, etc).


Is there a way to lock the device so that it can only be used to go on the internet?



Answer



SureLock promises this amongst others, see its entry on Google Play.


With Android's rapid development, this is however a rather quick moving target.


I suggest you search also for 'android kiosk mode' on Google or of course in the Play Store.


Besides this: There's already a question for that on stackoverflow: Kiosk mode in Android


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...