Tuesday, June 16, 2015

settings - My Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Doesn't Show an "Allow USB Debugging?" Prompt. Is there a fix?


Around this morning, I had the idea to transfer all my whatsapp chats(from android to ios)


Not so complicated, right?


Well, I was in for a rude awakening. Not only did I spend literally 7 hours trying to fix it... I couldn't fix it!



That's basically why I'm reaching out to you. My last hope. My knight in shining armor.


Here are the more technical details:



  • Before you say it, and I know you will, I'll tell you - I restarted my phone about 10 million times

  • I've enabled and disabled usb debugging around 10 million times minus 1.

  • I haven't played with adb so I don't screw with my android system. However if that's necessary, I'll do what must be done.

  • I'm specifically using my own samsung galaxy note 8 since I previously tried on another phone(LG v20) and it didn't work either.


So, I must ask you, are you up to this challenge? Can you fix what seems unfixable?


P.s. Here's a preview of what should be showing up on my own android device but is not:



enter image description here



Answer



It seems like the profile of the computer(perhaps the RSA key fingerprint) was automatically recognized by the android device and so it didn't ask for any permissions. From there, I'm still kind of trying to understand it. But basically, as soon as I reset(factory reset) my computer, it started prompting me for authorization again. I'm sure the factory reset was on the extreme end of options, but it worked in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...