Saturday, June 6, 2015

security - Locking SDHC Memory card on Samsung Galaxy 2



I have stored an important document on the SDHC card on my Samsung Galaxy 2 phone (so that I can edit it on the go). I don't want others to access this file or document without my permission.


I know I can lock the phone but this option means that nothing could be done on the phone unless it is unlocked.


I want others to still make calls from my phone but not be able to access the memory card. (Letting others use my phone is an internal arrangement i.e. so that there is one point of contact when we are travelling together)


Is there a way to lock the memory card (with a password) but leave the phone unlocked?



Answer



Simply, use BoxCryptor.. It'll encrypt your files & folders with AES-256 standard (AES-256 is classified by the U.S. Government to protect “TOP SECRET” information). The best thing: You can use it on any platform: Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux. So, you can sync your encrypted files with Dropbox, too.
Its free Android app: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.boxcryptor.android (Free version has limitation of Read-only access). You don't even need a rooted device whats not the case of fully free LUKS Manager. If your device is rooted & you also need write access without spending money, go for LUKS Manager, but you'll miss cross-platform access. So, my recommendation is paid BoxCryptor if you need write access.


With encryption, your files & folders will be safe even if your friends are hacker. With even fastest super computers, breaking AES-256 standard needs decades or even hundreds/thousands years (based on password strength & encryption passphrase).


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...