Friday, November 7, 2014

rooting - How can I control my Azpen Android Tablet with a broken screen without root or usb debugging?


I've had this Azpen A700 tablet for a while, but at some point it got the touchscreen broken. I can still see an image but the touchscreen is completely unresponsive. I'd like to still get some use out of it, but it is not rooted and it has USB debugging disabled. Is there any way to control it or root it without the touch interface? I have a USB cable for it, it's just that the USB debugging setting is turned off.



I've tried googling how to control an android tablet with a usb cable and it requires rooting. Then I looked up how to root a device and it requires usb debugging. Is it possible to do it without rooting or debugging?



Answer



You could get a USB-OTG cable, which allows you to connect USB devices to Android devices via the USB port (so long as the Android device supports OTG, which the A700 does). If you plug in a mouse you'll get a mouse cursor to work with; you could even use a USB hub to attach both a keyboard and a mouse if you want to type instead of using the on-screen keyboard.


You could also use the USB-OTG cable long enough to pair a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard to the tablet, then go wireless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...