Saturday, November 29, 2014

2.2 froyo - How to type a pipe "|" on an HTC EVO Android 2.2?


I am using Connect Bot on my HTC EVO Android Version 2.2, and on the keyboard I do not see a "|". How do I type a pipe, "|" character? I am trying to run a ps -ef | grep XYZ command.



Answer



If you're using stock keyboard, then go to the symbols (?123, bottom left), then press Alt (ALT, vertically second from bottom left), the pipe character is third from top-left.


If on HTC IME, then go to symbols (12#, horizontally second from bottom right), go to the second page (1/2, horizontally second from bottom left), the pipe character is the fifth character in the third row, and the broken pipe character is the sixth character in the second row.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...