Wednesday, November 12, 2014

root access - How can I run an installed system application that doesn't appear in the app list?


I have a rooted Android device and have a couple of pre-installed System apps in the /System/App folder that do not show up in the normal App list.


Using various file explorers, I can "look inside" the APK files or view and change information on them, but if I try to open them, I'm prompted to install the app which then gives me a warning that it will replace the existing app and it's settings. This leads me to believe these apps are already installed and functional.


Is there a way I can just run these apps instead?


I do not want to Install, Replace, Move, or Remove anything which is all I can find via Google. I just want to run the existing pre-installed app that has no icon in the app list.



As a side note, I tried using ES Explorer and created a shortcut on desktop to one of these APK files, but opening it from the desktop shortcut just prompts me with the same Install and warning about replacing the app.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...