Sunday, November 30, 2014

security - How can I limit the number of fingerprint attempts before fallback to other login type?


I've got a Nexus 6P and would like to reduce the number of allowed failures before it blocks fingerprint as an allowed login mechanism - according to https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6285273 you need to use the alternative login mechanism "When your fingerprint isn't recognized after a few tries".


It could be nice to know how many "a few" is (and whether this is an adaptive number that for example may take into account how recently it was correctly unlocked), but the point is that it can go (as in my recent testing) at least to 4 failures and succeed on the 5th attempt. I would be entirely happy to force it to block fingerprint access after two failures, but I can't find this as a setting from a bit of quick poking around.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...