Wednesday, November 19, 2014

2.2 froyo - Android limited to 1 hour video recording?


At the moment, I am using the standard video recording app for video recording. I have found that the recording automatically stops after just 1 hour. Is this a deliberate limitation placed on the app, or is this an android limitation?


I have a 32Gb sd-card, so I don't think storage is a problem. I am using Android 2.2. I understand that this particular version of android has a 2.1Gb file size limit, but the videos I am recording are no where near 2.1Gb in file size.


So what is causing the video to stop after just one hour is my real question.



Answer



Most video recording apps are IMHO limited to 1h non-stop recording, as you can find with a simple Google search, which is probably a safety measure to not let you run out of battery -- as video recording is the biggest consumer (see What can I do to increase battery life on my Android device?).



However, a developer can have his app overriding this limit (see Max duration for capture video on android on Stack Overflow) -- so you might just have to find a video recording app which has this setting increased (as e.g. One Eye Browser in this linked pro-version).


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...