Saturday, November 15, 2014

6.0 marshmallow - How to install Google Play services on an Android 6.0 emulator?


Is there a way to install Google Play app on an Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) AVD? I have found the Open Gapps for Android 6 here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087008996


To install them you need to boot into Recovery mode and install that zip file, but an emulator does not have a recovery partition, so the steps target the case of a device.


Do you know, how I can do the same for the emulator? I tried to unzip the file and put the 4 APKs described here (for Android version 5): http://www.flinkd.org/2015/02/instal...i-21-lollipop/


but after rebooting the emulator, although the icon of Google Play appears in the launcher, when I tap on it, then the emulator crashes with some fatal exceptions in logcat. I tried to install the packages one at a time, rebooting the emulator after each installation, and found out that the crash happens after installing the Phonesky.apk no matter if you click on the Google Play icon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...