Tuesday, November 11, 2014

fastboot - I am getting an unknown file transfer error (Flashing TWRP)



I am trying to flash twrp onto my unlocked Moto G4 Play so I can install a new version of Android but, I keep on getting this error. I have recently factory reset my phone and I am not sure if it is related.


C:\adb>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
target reported max download size of 268435456 bytes
sending 'recovery' (8296 KB)...
FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 5.013s

Any suggestions?



Answer



The FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error)) error can happen for a few reason. It happens when there is issues with communication transferring data. To trouble shoot the cause start by:




  • Trying different usb ports

  • Trying different usb cables

  • Update fastboot.exe

  • Download another .img file and verify the md5.

  • Double check the Bootloader is unlock


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...